Bobcats Take Care
It is well known that Bobcats are truly the best at supporting one another.
Whether it is helping someone make a job connection, supporting a Bobcat owned business, or simply shouting 'Go Bobcats' to the person wearing an OU shirt walking by on the street, Bobcats have a special bond (there must be something in those bricks).
Bobcats Take Care
The Central Ohio Alumni Chapter would like to welcome you to join us in participating in Bobcats Take Care, an initiative by OHIO’s Division of Advancement and the OHIO Alumni Association, to help support students most impacted by COVID-19.
Ways to Take Care
There are multiple ways you could 'take care' as a Bobcat!
Donate to the COVID-19 Ohio University Student Emergency Fund
Information about the fund and the students it will support can be found here.
UPDATE: President M. Duane Nellis, Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs, several
deans and university administrators have stepped forward to create a 1:1 match effort to help contributions. This means that every dollar given to the Ohio University COVID-19 Student Emergency Fund will be matched up to a total of $93,000!
Do something kind for a fellow Bobcat
- Send a hand-written postcard to members of the 2020 senior class
- Post a video with words of encouragement to your fellow Bobcats
- Buy a gift card or visit a Bobcat owned business or an Athens business
- Reconnect with your college roommate
- Connect with alumni and students through the Bobcat Mentorship Network
- Find more ideas here: https://www.ohio.edu/alumni/support/bobcats-take-care
Do something kind for anyone who needs help - and wear your Bobcat gear proud!
- Get groceries for someone who is still uncomfortable going to the store.
- Mow the lawn of an elderly neighbor.
- Donate to the Red Cross
- Volunteer with an organization. This website can help connect you with organizations who need help
Show Us Your Bobcat Spirit
Whatever it is you choose to do as a friendly and helpful Bobcat, we want to hear about it!
Since we are unable to organize an in person event at this time we want to see all your smiling Bobcat faces digitally!
Let us know what you did to 'take care' for a Bobcat or as a Bobcat.
Send us an email to email@example.com
Thanks for your support, Bobcat!